Applied Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in insurance technology, is currently searching for a Content Editor. As a member of the content team, you will be responsible for ensuring the consistency and quality of our client-facing content.
You will love this role if you enjoy:
- Working collaboratively with a writing team
- Improving copy and storytelling
- Editing and proofreading
- Learning new topics and spreading knowledge through engaging, high-quality content
- Bringing fresh ideas to editorial planning and storylines
- Forging a new path with like-minded colleagues
- Improving editorial efficiency and processes
- Challenging, fulfilling work in a fast-paced and evolving role
You may live anywhere in the United States for this position. We are looking for the best talent!
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of writing & SEO best practices, AP Style, and content trends in content marketing, email marketing and social media
- Review and edit work for accuracy and readability to ensure it meets business and end-user objectives
- Edit and improve upon writers’ copy
- Ensure content has consistent quality, tone of voice and messaging
- Ensure high standards for copy accuracy and proper citing of resources
- Educate writers on best practices, AP Style, keyword research and SEO best practices
- Ensure content adheres to Applied’s brand and writing guidelines
- Monitor content for relevance, timeliness and market impact
- Track and analyze content analytics and determine content KPIs
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS JOB
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English or related field; or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills; attention to detail is a must
- Expert knowledge of English grammar
- Experience editing a variety of content types including but not limited to long-and short-form insurance and benefits content, infographics, ebooks, whitepapers, social media content and video scripting
- Ability to translate complex subjects and processes into easily understood content for a variety of audiences, including the insurance consumer
- Experience with plain language writing a plus
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills; able to manage concurrent projects of varying size and complexity
- Ability to organize and oversee projects from initial concept through completion and launch
- Experience in insurance or related industry publishing preferred; an interest in insurance topics required
- Experience with content management, SEO best practices, keyword research, digital writing standards and expert AP Style knowledge
- Must be flexible and able to quickly adapt to changes while meeting all deadlines. (If you like the predictability of doing the same thing every day, this is not the role for you.)
- Self-starter who can work independently as well as collaboratively with a team
- Significant experience working in a remote setting; the entire team is 100% remote
- Note- Finalists will be asked to complete a short test demonstrating their editing and proofreading skills.
WHO WE ARE
- LEADING GLOBAL PROVIDER OF CLOUD-BASED INSURANCE SOFTWARE- Applied Systems develops the top two Insurance Agency/Broker Management software products in the world. In addition, we also provide innovative mobile apps, Data Analytics, Customer Self-Service, Insurer Connectivity & Rating, eServicing, Benefits Design, and CRM software products. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied’s people and products enable millions of people around the world to safeguard and protect what matters most.
- CLOUD SOLUTIONS & PROFESSIONAL SERVICES- We offer cloud solutions, 24x7 technical support, consulting, implementation, and education services.
- AWARD WINNING TECHNOLOGY- We have been voted
- 2020 Company of the Year (Stevie Award)
- 2020 New Product or Service of the Year- 2 awards (Stevie Award)
- 2019 Best Cloud-Based Software Solutions Provider in the insurance industry (2019 Corporate Excellence Awards)
- 2019 Digital Service Provider of the Year (Business Excellence Awards)
- 2019 Best Broker Software Management House (Insurance Times)
- GOOGLE’S INVESTMENT IN APPLIED- Google/CapitalG made a minority investment in Applied that will spur AI, machine learning, and digital marketing innovation in the global insurance industry.
- CLIENTS- We provide technology to over 160k users within insurance agencies, brokerages, and carriers throughout the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
- EMPLOYEES- Applied currently has 1,800+ employees across the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
COMPANY CULTURE & PERKS
- JOIN A GREAT TEAM- We believe that success comes from a dynamic working environment that offers professionals an opportunity to grow and succeed alongside extraordinary people. We encourage idea sharing, problem solving, and teamwork in our environment.
- DIVERSITY MATTERS- We strive to create a positive workplace culture for those of different thinking, backgrounds, experiences, expertise, and individual qualities across our organization. We want the best and the brightest to be a part of a growing culture that embraces a sense of belonging.
- RELAXED DRESS CODE- Applied allows for a relaxed dress code where jeans are permitted; we call this “Dress for your Day”.
- FUN PARTIES & PERKS- Fun perks are a staple at Applied, including holiday parties with games and contests, summer celebrations employee appreciation events, art contests, employee discount programs, and more!
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT- We are a growing company that offers career opportunities, and not just “another job”. Applied believes in growing our employees and promoting from within, offering many opportunities for professional advancement along the way!
- CAREER STABILITY & LONGEVITY- Our average employee tenure is 9 years.
- CULTURE OF RECOGNITION- Applied provides a culture of employee recognition with our Circle of Excellence program, and our internal social network recognition program.
- APPLIED CARES- We have a culture that embraces and promotes volunteerism. Applied encourages our employees to help local charities and communities through the ‘Applied Cares’ program
BENEFITS & REWARDS
- BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE- Applied offers Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision, Virtual Doctors’ Appointments, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Critical Illness, Group Accident, and Wellness Incentives to ensure employees are covered from day one.
- FINANCIAL PEACE OF MIND- In addition to wellness benefits, Applied offers traditional and Roth 401k options, with employer match. Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short and Long Term Disability, and Business Travel Accident insurance are also offered.
- WORKLIFE BALANCE- There is more to life than work: that is why Applied offers benefits to help balance your work and home life. We offer competitive paid vacation time, personal/sick time, paid holidays, summer hours, paid parental leave, volunteer time off, and a free day off for your birthday!
TO LEARN MORE
Applied Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Diversity and Inclusion is a business imperative and is a part of building our brand and reputation. At Applied, we are committed to recruit, develop, retain, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.