Make a Difference Every Day with Team Applied
The people of Applied are making a difference every day through innovation and a commitment to help safeguard and protect what matters most. With first-to-market software, mobile and data analytics solutions, Applied is revolutionizing companies to strengthen their position as trusted advisors to clients across the world. Our core values challenge employees to make a difference every day with excellence for customers and support for the communities around us. We believe that success comes from a dynamic working environment that offers professionals an opportunity to grow and succeed alongside extraordinary people.
Learn how you can make a difference on Team Applied.
Applied Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in insurance technology, is currently searching for a Director of Corporate IT to direct the engineering, management, and operations of our corporate infrastructure and services. In this role you will have management responsibility for the core infrastructure, network, and telecommunications functions which support Applied Systems’ 15 offices and home-based teleworkers located through the US, Canada, United Kingdom, and Ireland. In addition, you will play a key role in helping to define the infrastructure strategy and operational model for all of these services. Success for this role will be defined by high internal satisfaction with Applied’s internal IT services, as well as the efficient use of capital and operating investments to enable Team Applied to deliver to its customers throughout the world.
- Define, implement, and maintain visible and transparent processes based on the ITIL framework, with a focus on providing world-class customer service to Applied’s employees and customers
- Establish service levels, metrics, and dashboards for managing performance and customer satisfaction, and to provide ongoing measurement and reporting of the effectiveness of all services
- Manage the procurement, invoice management, asset management, and hardware/software maintenance contracts for all IT infrastructure hardware and software assets
- Participate in developing and maintaining an effective disaster recovery program including well-written documentation and plans and an on-going program test the teams’ preparedness to recover in the event of a disaster
- Participate in the development of an Enterprise IT strategy including processes for evaluating and implementing appropriate solutions to support the overall business strategy, improve overall service levels, and provide operational efficiency
- Manage, coach, develop, and mentor a team of individual contributors; ensure resources are effectively utilized
- Provide Infrastructure Architect level guidance and mentoring to the teams in order to ensure that all infrastructure and services are designed to industry best practices, and to meet required performance, availability, and capacity requirements
- Lead technical due diligence activities as needed to support acquisition of hardware and software, or to support larger company M&A activities
- Support office construction projects (remodels and build-outs) and events by owning the IT portion of the specification, design, and implementing/build phases
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related degree, or equivalent experience
- 15 years of IT experience, with at least 10 years in management
- Proven experience in building a strong process-oriented operation based on ITIL with the focus on delivering high efficiencies and customer satisfaction
- Strong technical and operational experience across all areas of IT infrastructure and support, including strong working knowledge of:
- Microsoft-based technologies (e.g. Windows Server and Desktop OS, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, SQL Server, etc.)
- Virtualization technologies
- Storage technologies
- LAN/WAN/WLAN networking technologies
- VoIP and SIP based Telephony technologies
- Web and audio conferencing technologies
- Backup & Data Protection
- Disaster Recovery strategies
- Infrastructure hardware specifications and engineering
- Infrastructure architecture principles around availability, scalability, supportability, and performance engineering
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing large-scale infrastructure and application rollouts in an enterprise environment
- Outstanding organizational skills a must
- Experience in building high performing teams with a strong service oriented focus
- Prior experience in effectively managing third-party vendors
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following: ISO 27001, SAS, PCI, or SOX, as well as general awareness of compliance requirements
- Available for 10-20% travel
Applied Systems is a leading provider of software that powers the business of insurance. Recognized as a pioneer in agency management systems, insurance organizations rely on the company’s software to manage their clients and policies in a consistent manner to minimize risk, reduce operating expenses, and drive sustainable growth and profitability. Leading the industry in technology innovation, Applied Systems has been at the forefront of data exchange between agencies, brokers, carriers and their clients. Today, the company has more than 1,500 employees with customers throughout the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Ireland. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied Systems remains committed to help safeguard what matters most to millions of people around the world. To learn more, please visit www.AppliedSystems.com.
Employees feel appreciated at Applied Systems. In addition to a competitive benefits package that starts on the first day of employment, we offer paid time off, a flexible ”Dress for your Day” casual dress code, and an open communication policy. The resulting atmosphere is professional and conducive to productivity, yet comfortable and fun.
Applied Systems welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.